Oct 14, 2011

RUBBISH!

I was having a read of this article about op shops and people leaving rubbish. I notice it a lot at the op shops I go to, and i think the reason people do it might be because they have the mindset the op shop just sells rubbish anyway. People who don't go to op shops always seem to have this view! Or it might be they just think their crappy pine furniture is actually nice!

There was an op shop bin near the train station where I used to live. I used to look at what people had left there from time to time and sometimes steal things (gasp!) like stray cards and bits of rubbish to use in collages.

One night I was heading off to a party when I saw a some open suitcases with paperwork in them. I knew this wouldn't be stuff the op shop would take, so I had a look. There were old letter, birthday cards and photo albums. I don't know why someone would throw this stuff away? It was all very 80s. There were also some random mix tapes, I took a few to the party and we danced around to them. I think I took a few photos and things too, I don't know if I still have them. In a way I wish the op shop would sell that type of stuff, even old photos. It would be awesome to use for art projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment