Feb 21, 2009

Cool Old Junk - what this is all about (part three)

4. Nerdiness.

There's gonna be another side to this blog besides furniture and design, and that's technology. I collect old computers. Well, sometimes not so old. And they are all apple. I guess it's cause I've always had a mac at home since I was little and now I'm designing I use a mac for work. I guess my collecting start with my friend Mathieu. He had a mac plus in his shed and decided to try to get it working. There was something fun and frustratng about reading up online about how to try to get it running, and going through old system disks. A while later I found my own mac plus in an op shop, and set it up in my room, playing old games and drawing with macdraw and kidpix. It didnt have a hard drive, only used 800k disks, and didnt doing much at all compared to my parent's performa, let alone my Mum's school ibook, but I loved it. I soon was given an se and later a colour classic. The rest is history.

I have a whole bunch of macs in my garage, some working, some not, so I'll dedicated a section of the blog to all things nerdy. Not just computers but old games and systems, the odd toy or radio, and other things along those lines. So old wont just mean "from before I was born" - it's just general obselscence. Stuff people dont want anymore, that's pretty much what this is about. So me showing off my crap to the world, and occasionally linking to other people's crap. Sound good? good. enjoy my blog. Hopefully I'll stick with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment